Saturday, May 3, 2008

The adventure from yesterday that I didn't have the energy to write up last night. Imagine my surprise when we were changing drivers and I noticed that the door of the Scamp was hanging loose, held only by the upper hinge. The lower hinge, pictured, had lost the two nuts. I am not a true documentary photographer because I didn't grab my camera and get a picture. We pulled into the Sewage Treatment Plant of Oneonta, New York. No one was around who could help, but someone told us it would be fine if we left the trailer there for a while. We detached and went to an automotive supply store where we spent 17 cents for two nuts. We got them installed and headed out, feeling quite smug. My 19 year old Norwegian cardigan sweater was very near the open door and I was thankful not to have lost it, as I probably wouldn't have felt I could replace it.

Part 2 of the adventure involves the canopy. If you look carefully at the rolled-up canopy, you will see that something is wrong. We decided to celebrate surviving our first adventure by having a nice dinner. As we went into the parking lot, we didn't notice the tree which slanted over the parking lot. YIKES! We weren't the first to hit this tree. Various parts of the canopy were hanging down and out. Twine and duct tape secured it for the rest of our trip, but we lost our appetites for a good dinner. Poor Alan. He was so happy about the 17 cent solution. I couldn't bear to tell him what we really paid for this canopy.
(With this and all blog photos, you can click on the photo to see a larger version.)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: