Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Up Close

This was the third moose of our trip and the first one who hung around for a photo op. We had taken a hike just before this and I had taken pictures of moose scat (poop) and a footprint because I didn't think I would ever have a moose photo. But this guy (antler nubbins) stayed put while we made a U turn. A tattooed young man drove by, rolled down his window and said "moose".
There are other highlights of the last couple of days, but we are off to take advantage of some sunshine right now. We are at the northern tip of Cape Breton Island, near Cape Breton Highlands National Park. I guess if you go to a place that is billed as being a lot like Scotland, you shouldn't be surprised by cold, wet weather. It is truly beautiful and it hasn't rained all the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ellen
I've been reading and enjoying, but not responding. Beautiful flowers, bays, scenes, but it was the moose that got me to comment! Great picture. Your trip, guided by Barb, is sounding wonderful. Even getting lost was an adventure. Love to Rachel and Ben and I'm so sorry about yours and their precious pet.
Missing you, especially on Tuesdays - today.
Linda