Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Living in a Factory

We are visiting friends who live near Brunswick, Maine. Their house was a plow factory in the 19th century. This contraption was worked by oxen going around in circles (floor was dirt at the time). The teeth at the top drove a shaft which went off at the upper left. That connected to the saw which is upstairs. I'll picture it later. Apparently, they only fabricated the wooden parts here. The building stood empty for many years and was converted to a house in 1973.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ellen, this is amazing. I had no idea that this is where Su and Clif live. Thanks for showing it to me, via Sandy! If you took any photos of them, I'd love to see them too. I've enjoyed all the photos that Sandy's shared with me and admire your artistry! love Joan